Overview of the Veterans Treatment Court
As a result of military service, veterans may sustain or further exacerbate physical injuries and/or psychological injuries. And, as a result of the injuries sustained:
- Abuse substances, including alcohol;
- Develop or exacerbate mental health disorders;
- Resort to criminal behavior.
The Veterans Treatment Court seeks to address the underlying issues that brought the veteran into the criminal justice system. In order to assist veterans with their physical, psychological and/or mental health issues, veterans admitted to the Veterans Treatment Court undergo about two years of intense court oversight and treatment. The program requires that the veteran:
- Drug and alcohol test minimally 3 times a week throughout the program
- Obtain treatment for substance abuse and/or alcohol abuse
- Obtain treatment for mental health disorders
- Obtain treatment by the Veterans Administration Hospital, or community sources
- Veterans are closely monitored by the Court and probation throughout the two years of their participation
- Each veteran is assigned a veteran mentor that has been trained to assist veterans participating in the Court programs
Charity Golf Outing
• Gift at registration • Range Balls • Free lunch at turn • Dinner • Silent Auction • 50/50 Raffle
Want to participate without golfing?
Join us in the afternoon for wine tasting, dinner, or charity auction.
Net proceeds go to:
The Friends of the Macomb County Veterans Treatment Court and The Friends of the North Oakland County Veterans Treatment Court
On a Sunday in July 2019
The Golf Course at Pine Knob
5580 Waldon Road, Clarkston, MI
Registration begins : 7:30am - Shot gun start : 9:00am - Wine tasting : 1:30pm - Dinner : 4:00pm
About the Benefit
Charity Golf Outing to Benefit The Friends of the Macomb County Veterans Treatment Court & The Friends of the North Oakland County Veterans Treatment Court
Summit Place Kia and Rifle Marketing are excited to be hosting a charity golf event to raise money for this worthy cause! The Veterans Treatment Court is a comprehensive treatment program for United States veterans who are struggling with alcohol addiction or substance abuse. With high success rates, the Veterans Treatment Court works to give troubled vets the treatment and care they need to once again live as productive citizens.
Our annual charity golf event has raised money and awareness for worthy causes such as the Waterford Youth Assistance organization and The Veterans Treatment Court.
With your help, we can raise even more this year to help the brave men and women who served in the military. Veterans fought for our freedom, and now we have the opportunity to fight for theirs!
If American vets hold a special place in your heart, we invite you to consider donating to the Veterans Treatment Court.